LA County Medical Examiner reveals Mac Miller's cause of death

Eloise Marshall
November 6, 2018

Miller was found unresponsive at his San Fernando Valley home on September 7, and in a toxicology report released Monday the coroner's office said he had ingested fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol. The coroner ruled that the overdose caused by "mixed drug toxicity" was accidental.

'Malcolm McCormick, known and adored by fans as Mac Miller, has tragically passed away at the age of 26, ' it read. Investigators found Fentanyl, cocaine, and alcohol in his system.

His death was also characterised as accidental. TMZ has obtained the toxicology report from the L.A. County Coroner's Office.

Police found a rolled-up $20 bill with white powdery residue in Miller's right pocket and an iPad in his home studio had "linear white powdery residue" on it. He was already "blue" when someone called 911.

Mayor of Utah city killed in 'insider attack' in Afghanistan
The attacker was immediately killed by other Afghan partner forces, according to reports received by USFOR-A. The wounded service member was undergoing medical treatment and was in stable condition.

Marko Arnautovic: 'West Ham United deserved more than four goals'
But it seems Anderson was listening as two well-taken goals secured a deserved 4-2 win for the Hammers. He knew from the beginning that despite playing bad against Tottenham , he was going to play today.

Apple Sold 46.9 Million iPhones in the Last Quarter, Slightly Below Expectations
We recommend prospective investors wait for a more attractive margin of safety for this narrow-moat behemoth. The slide continued in pre-market trading Friday, with the stock falling 5.8 percent as of 7:15 a.m.in NY .

There was a 1/4-inch cut on the bridge of his nose, and there was blood coming out of one nostril. Pills reportedly recovered from the home included Xanax, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, and generic Adderall.

Last week, a benefit concert was held in Los Angeles to raise money for the Mac Miller Circles Fund in honor of the hip-hop star. The rapper died from accidentally overdosing on a mixture of fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol.

Just before his death, Miller had announced a joint tour with Thundercat, to start in October.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER