United States delegation extends stay in Seoul for summit preparation talks

Geneva Stokes
June 5, 2018

Last week, Trump abruptly pulled out from the historic planned summit with Kim scheduled to take place on June 12 in Singapore, citing hostile comments made by Pyongyang. It was inside an envelope almost as large as a folded newspaper.

This guy even worked LeBron into his tweet.

Pompeo was in the room as Trump and Kim Yong Chol met.

Some Twitter users were quick to point out that holding an envelope that size might make one's hands look small.

The June 12 meeting could be just the beginning of more talks, Trump reportedly said.

Naturally, when media personnel wanted to know more about the letter, the US President responded saying, "That letter was a very nice letter".

Trump later teased the contents of the letter, but told reporters he hadn't yet opened it. "I haven't opened it", he said.

Howard Schultz to step down as Starbucks executive chairman
Last April, Schultz transitioned from CEO to executive chairman, where he oversaw the company's social impact initiatives. Howard Schultz is leaving his job at Starbucks - and says he may consider running for president.

United States warns of 'consequences' if China continues 'intimidation and coercion'
President Donald Trump on Friday said the summit will take place June 12. He did however, seek to calm nervous allies in the region.

Donald Trump waits on Kim Jong-un letter, talks up possible meeting
In his interview with Reuters , the us president said a nuclear deal with North Korea would have to cover its missile program. Trump recently cancelled the meeting in response to a strongly-worded statement from Pyongyang directed at his administration.

"I am sure that he will achieve the final victory and realize the reunification of Korea without fail", Assad said.

Rest assured, though, that the Secret Service examined the yuge envelope for anything risky before it was given to the president.

He added: "I may be in for a big surprise, folks". At least that is the latest message.

Yet he also said hard work remains including hurdles that may appear to be insurmountable as negotiations progress on the USA demand for North Korea's complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation. "Withdrawing from talks with #NKorea is 100% the right decision".

The U.S. secretary of state, who spoke with Trump on Wednesday night and with National Security Adviser John Bolton early Thursday, was accompanied by Andrew Kim, the head of a Central Intelligence Agency unit assigned to work on North Korea, and Mark Lambert, the head of the State Department's Korea desk.

"And I think we're over that, totally over that, and now we're going to deal, and start a process". Trump, however, credited Secretary of State Mike Pompeo with forming a "very good relationship" with North Korea, leading to the release of American hostages and the beginning of talks.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER