Minor explosion reported at London Tube station

Geneva Stokes
June 20, 2018

A "minor explosion" triggered an evacuation at London's Southgate tube station on Tuesday evening, police said, adding that a number of people received minor injuries.

British Transport Police said the Southgate Tube station was closed while police investigate a suspicious package.

It is understood some people have been injury but not seriously.

Local reports suggest that one person was taken out of the station on a stretcher.

A large cordon is now in place and the station remains closed.

The incident comes as officers investigated a suspicious package.

Audi chief Rupert Stadler arrested in diesel emissions probe
Volkswagen declined 2.2% to €157.88 and traded 2% lower at 11.50am in local trading, extending losses this year to 5.2%. The arrest of the Audi CEO comes just weeks after Volkswagen tapped a new CEO to move the company past the scandal.

Russian Federation fuelled by pre-World Cup criticism, says Miranchuk
The total amount of investment in the construction of the technological park is expected to exceed 90 bln rubles ($1.4 bln). Putin and Infantino smiled and shrugged as they sat next to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in the VIP box.

Millie Bobby Brown latest actor to be bullied off Twitter
The images have made Millie , who is an advocate for anti-bullying, delete her account which boasted millions of followers. This is far from the first time that similarly hateful activity has forced a star to remove themselves from social media.

Police have evacuated a Tube station during rush hour after an "explosion" left a number of people injured. Cordons are in place and the station is closed.

A police spokesman said: 'Southgate Tube station is now closed whilst officers respond to a suspicious package. "There must be around 50 or 60 police, an ambulance, fire arms and dog units".

The explosion is unlikely be terror-related but investigations were ongoing, police said.

"The scene has been examined by specialist officers".

Scotland Yard said later that the cause appeared to be a "battery short circuit". "The Met Police and BTP are working together to establish the full facts".

Other reports by

Discuss This Article